YOU MUST MAKE YOUR CALLS/EMAILS NOW!
Friends, once again liberal left wing Senators in Nebraska are trying to by pass the voice of the people. LR399 authorizes the Nebraska Congressional Delegation to enact COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM = AMNESTY for ILLEGAL ALIENS.
LR399 will be debated and voted on Thursday, April 10th. PLEASE make your CALLS and send your EMAILS NOW. There will not be enough time to contact you once it’s placed on the daily agenda. ALSO note, that IF the legislature passes this Resolution it will be immediately acted on, in other words Governor Heineman will not be able to veto it. You MUST STOP this Resolution NOW!
Shown below: 1) My letter to the senators, you may use any or all of it in your email. 2) A list of senators, their district #, phone # and email address. 3) Legislation Resolution LR399 language. 4) Introducer and co-sponsor information 5) Judiciary Committee votes. 6) Organizations who testified in SUPPORT of LR399. 7) Organizations who testified AGAINST LR399.
1) My letter to Senators: SUBJECT: VOTE NO on LR399
Please oppose and VOTE NO on LR399 that would send Washington D.C. the message that Nebraskans support and encourage amnesty for illegal aliens, in essence, sending the message that Nebraska is a Sanctuary State – a safe haven for illegal aliens.
Since 2006 Nebraska citizens and LEGAL immigrants have opposed any form of benefits/services or amnesty for illegal aliens. We have taken time off of work to give testimony at your hearings; sent emails/made phone calls, provided expert testimony, articles, statistics and a reference guide titled Nebraska and the Negative Impact of Illegal Immigration.
In many cases, citizens and LEGAL immigrants witnessed the preferential treatment given to illegal aliens by Committees/Senators. While illegal aliens and their supporters were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy we were ridiculed, embarrassed and labeled racists, hate mongers, mob mentality, and solationists.
Senator, your vote on this Legislative Resolution will tell your constituents who you represent, the illegal aliens or the citizens and LEGAL immigrants. Please contact me if you would like to discuss the negative impact of illegal immigration and LR399.
Founder, Nebraskans Advisory Group
Omaha, Ne 68111
2) 2014 Unicameral Legislature Contact Information
Senator District Phone Email Address
Adams, Greg 24 402-471-2756 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashford, Brad 20 402-471-2622 email@example.com
Avery, Bill 28 402-471-2633 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield, Dave 17 402-471-2716 email@example.com
Bolz, Kate 29 402-471-2734 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brasch, Lydia 16 402-471-2728 email@example.com
Campbell, Kathy 25 402-471-2731 firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlson, Tom 38 402-471-2732 email@example.com
Chambers, Ernie 11 402-471-2612 Refused email address
Christensen, Mark 44 402-471-2805 firstname.lastname@example.org
Coash, Colby 27 402-471-2632 email@example.com
Conrad, Danielle 46 402-471-2720 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cook, Tanya 13 402-471-2727 email@example.com
Crawford, Sue 45 402-471-2615 firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis, Al 43 402-471-2628 email@example.com
Dubas, Annette 34 402-471-2630 firstname.lastname@example.org
Garrett, Tommy 3 402-471-2627 email@example.com
Gloor, Mike 35 402-471-2617 firstname.lastname@example.org
Haar, Ken 21 402-471-2673 email@example.com
Hadley, Galen 37 402-471-2726 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hansen, Thomas 42 402-471-2729 email@example.com
Harms, John 48 402-471-2802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Harr, Burke 8 402-471-2722 email@example.com
Howard, Sara 9 402-471-2723 firstname.lastname@example.org
Janssen, Charlie 15 402-471-2625 email@example.com
Johnson, Jerry 23 402-471-2719 firstname.lastname@example.org
Karpisek, Russ 32 402-471-2711 email@example.com
Kintner, Bill 2 402-471-2613 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kolowski, Rick 31 402-471-2327 email@example.com
Krist, Bob 10 402-471-2718 firstname.lastname@example.org
Larson, Tyson 40 402-471-2801 email@example.com
Lathrop, Steve 12 402-471-2623 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lautenbaugh,Scott 18 402-471-2618 email@example.com
McCoy, Beau 39 402-471-2885 firstname.lastname@example.org
McGill, Amanda 26 402-471-2610 email@example.com
Mello, Heath 5 402-471-2710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Murante, John 49 402-471-2725 email@example.com
Nelson, John 6 402-471-2714 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordquist, Jeremy 7 402-471-2721 email@example.com
Pirsch, Pete 4 402-471-2621 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheer, Jim 19 402-471-2929 email@example.com
Schilz, Ken 47 402-471-2616 firstname.lastname@example.org
Schumacher, Paul 22 402-471-2715 email@example.com
Seiler, Les 33 402-471-2712 firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith, Jim 14 402-471-2730 email@example.com
Sullivan, Kate 41 402-471-2631 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wallman, Norman 30 402-471-2620 email@example.com
Watermeier, Dan 1 402-471-2733 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wightman, John 36 402-471-2642 email@example.com
LINK with Senator Contact Information:
WHEREAS, the Legislature recognizes that our federal immigration
laws are long outdated, causing harm to families, businesses, and communities; and
Common-sense reforms that modernize our outdated immigration laws and that are sensible, fair, and practical are necessary to protect our borders and create a strong foundation for our economy and society; and
Nebraska community leaders, educators, business owners,cattlemen, farmers, and the immigrant community have recognized that while some challenges are created by integrating new immigrant Nebraskans, the positive impacts of immigration, including economic development, tax collections, and cultural diversity, exceed the costs of resolving these challenges, demonstrated by the fact that many communities with significant immigrant populations are thriving unlike many of those communities which have not attracted immigrants; and
Nebraska population trends indicate a future shortage of needed and qualified labor in agriculture and the skilled trades and a shortage of professionally-trained workers in our rural communities;
That such reform enacted by Congress should recognize the need to protect the borders of the United States, maintain respect for the law, embody fairness, and protect families
That the Legislature recommends that in order to ensure adequate labor resources to support economic growth and stability, the House of Representatives should pass H.R. 15, the “Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act,”
A copy of this resolution be delivered to the President of the United States, to the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, to the President of the United States Senate, and to each member of the Nebraska congressional delegation.
4. Introduced by Sen. John Wightman, CO-Sponsors: Brad Ashford, Kathy Campbell, Ernie Chambers, Danielle Conrad, Al Davis, Mike Gloor, Tom Hansen, John Harms, Sara Howard, Amanda McGill, Jeremy Nordquist, Paul Schumacher. ADDED Sponsor Heath Mello. NOTE*Sen Karpisek removed his name as a co-sponsor
5. JUDICIARY COMMITTEE VOTE TO ADVANCE LR399 TO THE FLOOR for FULL DEBATE AND VOTE: Aye:5 Senators Ashford, Chambers, Lathrop, McGill, Seiler Nay:0 Absent:1 Senator Christensen Present Not Voting:2 Senators Coash, Davis
6. ORGANIZATIONS who testified in support of LR399:
Jim Partington/NE RESTAURANT COALITION, DAVID BROWN/BROWN IMMIGRATION LAW, LAURA FIELD/NE CATTLEMEN, DARCY TROMANHAUSER/NE APPLESEED, DAVID PIESTER/SELF, JIM CUNNINGHAM/NE CATHOLIC CONFERENCE
JIM OTTO/SELF AND NEBRASKA RETAIL FEDERATION,
EMILIANO LERDA/JUSTICE FOR OUR NEIGHBORS OF NEBRASKA
LAZZARO SPINDOLA/LATINO AMERICAN COMMISSION
JASEL CANTU/LATINO AMERICAN COMMISSION
Fellow Nebraskans, we all welcome Immigrants who take the steps our federal government has set up for them. Immigrants who respect and follow our laws, who are background checked, medically checked and fully investigated are welcomed with open arms.
Every “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” bill I’ve seen introduced in Congress are laughable at best. And now we have what I call “the Marco Rubio farce” by saying CIR is not Amnesty because it includes fines/penalties. Okay, let me run some things down for you.
2. IRS- back taxes: Some bills have waived back taxes for illegal aliens. Let’s say it’s included, how is anyone going to figure out how much the illegal aliens owe in back taxes? Do we really expect illegal aliens who have lived their lives by lying, cheating and stealing to get here and remain here undetected to be truthful in telling us how much they’ve made and for HOW LONG?
3. Backgrounds: How do we know if the illegal alien is who he/she says they are? Some bills ALLOW illegal aliens be waived from prosecution for using/stealing a citizen or legal immigrants identity/social security number/green card #. Is there a reason why illegal immigration is directly related to NATIONAL SECURITY? Think about it!
4. Processing: Who gets to pay for the “roll-out” of expanded government to process the millions of illegal aliens? Some of these bills allow the citizens and legal immigrants tax dollars pay for costs associated with Amnesty/CIR like attorneys for illegal aliens.
5. With 10 million unemployed citizens and legal immigrants WHY WOULD AN ELECTED OFFICIAL allow 20+million illegal aliens stay? They are not just in the Agriculture/farms they are in the restaurants, hotels, landscaping, construction roofing, meat packing plants.
7. Less than 1/2 of illegal aliens signed up for President Ronald Reagan’s Amnesty. Do we really expect criminals to come out of the shadows to be documented and taxed? What about the 1/2 who WON’T come forward?
8. How do you justify and what do you say to IMMIGRANTS who have filled out the paperwork, paid their fees and who are WAITING to come here legally? How do you justify and what do you say to citizens and LEGAL immigrants to get them to keep paying for illegal immigration costs?…How much longer can our resources hold up and what happens to citizens and legal immigrants when they run out?
9. How dare any elected official even TRY to support CIR/Amnesty? How dare any elected official continue to allow our borders to remain open and unprotected?
Friends, I could go on and on. I didn’t even hit on topics of our Environment, Medical/identity theft, Drug Cartels/Gangs/Drugs/Sex Slave Rings, Uncollected Income taxes that was around 1 Trillion dollars back in 2006, the rising costs of education, medical, deaths attributed to illegal aliens 100% preventable and unnecessary if only our borders were secured and federal immigration laws enforced. This is a subject that should be an AMERICAN ISSUE, not liberal/democrat/republican. It is a subject that negatively impacts our country and people in every way on a daily basis.
I strongly encourage anyone who has questions or would like to know more about a specific subject to please get in touch with me.
Nebraskans Advisory Group – please join us on Facebook.
Tagged: ALIPAC, Amnesty, Center for Immigration Studies, Congress, current-events, drug cartels, Ernie Chambers, Eyes Wide Open, FAIR, Hispanic Leaders, illegal immigration, Immigration Reform, LR399, Mexican Drug Cartels, Michael Cutler, Nebraska, Nebraska Legislature, Nebraska Taxpayers For Freedom, North Omaha, NumbersUSA, Pro-amnesty, pro-illegal alien, Socialism, Susan Smith, The Susan Smith Show, Unicameral