Friends, I’m passing along this Action Alert I received from a Texas Tea Party. As you can see they are trying to get their Governor and state legislature to take action to secure their compromised border. Please help by forwarding their information and making calls. It’s in our interests to assist them in this effort. Thanks and Good Luck! Susan
6.17.14 Urgent Alert! Texas TEA Party Conservative Action Needed
The Texas Border Crisis: Joe Straus is the Roadblock
to Border Security & Support for Law Enforcement!
Yesterday afternoon (June 16), a letter dated May 2, 2014, was put into my hands. The letter – seen here – is a directive to Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw “to plan and execute a 90-day surge operation of increased law enforcement in the border counties, beginning on or after September 1, 2014.”
The letterhead represents Gov. Rick Perry, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, and Speaker of the House Joe Straus, but only Perry and Dewhurst signed the letter. Joe Straus has refused to sign the directive to help secure the Texas southern border. We’re told the 90-day limit was a compromise measure to get Straus on board, but he’s still stalling! Meanwhile, the new flood of illegal entries into Texas has swamped law enforcement, health and human services personnel, and shelters.
It’s been six weeks since this directive was signed by Gov. Perry and Lt. Gov. Dewhurst. What is Joe Straus waiting for? The southern border is now in full-blown crisis with a steady influx of unaccompanied alien children, pregnant women, and young adults pouring across the border from Central America. While law enforcement is distracted with the women and children, other illegal border crossings have escalated. Our law enforcement is being overrun. Law enforcement is warning Texas is more vulnerable than ever to very dangerous people crossing illegally. This is no surprise to us.
Long before this latest wave of illegal immigration hit our southern border, DPS had already warned in two unclassified reports that six of the eight major Mexican cartels have set up major command and control networks throughout Texas and are working with dangerous transnational gangs to carry out ruthless crimes of murder, drug smuggling, sex slave trade prostituting of women and children, sexual assaults, home invasions, and increased violence against law enforcement. [See: DPS Threat Assessment Overview for 2013 and DPS 2014 Gang Assessment.]
The May 2nd letter proves what we’ve said all along – the Governor, Lt. Governor, and the Speaker, representing the executive leadership of the Legislative Budget Board – have the constitutional authority to ACT without a special session to fund what law enforcement needs to protect the people of Texas. The oath-bound duty of our state officials is to protect the life, liberty, and property of the people of Texas. Why is Joe Straus standing in the way of border security and resources for law enforcement? Texans need an answer. Please help us get one!
Today, we are asking our sister TEA party leaders and grassroots conservative groups to circulate this call to action. We need thousands of calls going into the Austin and District offices of all state representatives.
SEVEN Quick Action Steps – Each one is important in this strategy to Make Austin Listen!
1) Find your state representative here: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/mnuAddress.aspx/
2) Call and/or Facebook your state representative now – even if you know he/she supports your position. Tell them you want immediate action to address the crisis on the border – not a delay until September 1, and we want the effort to be ongoing, not just for 90 days, and…
3) Since our state representatives ELECT the Texas Speaker of the House, they should hold him accountable! Ask your state representative to send a written communication to Speaker Joe Straus, asking Straus to stop standing in the way of border security and assistance for the DPS surge. Ask them to post the letter to Straus on their state website so we can see who is stepping up to protect Texans. Let them know you expect proof of action because it is time to stop playing politics with the safety and security of Texas!
4) Call Gov. Perry’s office to thank him for supporting the DPS surge,but leave a message that it’s time to stop talking and time to act! The Governor’s info, referral & opinion hotline: (512) 463-1782 and the Governor’s main switchboard number (8 AM – 5 PM): (512) 463-2000.
5) Call Joe Straus. Tell him it’s time to act to secure the border and support law enforcement. The Straus Austin office (512) 463-1000; fax (512) 463-0675 and his San Antonio office: (210) 828-441; fax (210) 832-9994.
6) Please go here to sign the petition, which is another way you can be heard,but remember,we believe the May 2 letter proves the Governor, Lt. Governor, and Speaker have the constitutional authority to act without a costly special session. Forget a special session to address serious elated issues.
Current statewide officials and their legislative committee chairmen have proven
for the last two sessions that they will not do what should be done to ban sanctuary city hideouts,
close illegal alien access to welfare and in-state tuition benefits,and punish employers
who knowingly hire illegals.That’s one reason we worked so hard to replace
many of them in the recent primary and run-off elections.
7) Support the Texas Border Volunteers. Please donate to the efforts of these brave men and women who volunteer to assist law enforcement. Any amount will help their efforts to stand up for the rule of law and assist law enforcement.To donate, click here: http://www.texasbordervolunteers.org/wordpress/?page_id=38
If Governor Perry, Lt. Governor Dewhurst, and our state representatives cannot convince Speaker Straus to stop blocking a DPS surge on the border, we believe Governor Perry should assume his full executive authority, declare a law enforcement emergency, and act.
Thank you for your efforts to stand up for Texas. If you are not following the breaking news on the Texas border – the news other media outlets won’t report – please go to Breitbart Texas to sign up for daily alerts.
Now, PLEASE, get this Call to Action widely circulated via e-mail and social media! Please help us save Texas! For Liberty – for Texas,
JoAnn Fleming, Executive Director (volunteer), Grassroots America – We the People http://www.gawtp.com
Chair – Advisory Committee to the TX Legislature’s TEA Party Caucus (903) 894-7204 office or (903) 360-2858 cell
Tagged: Amnesty, Border Crisis, current-events, Eyes Wide Open, FAIR, Gov Perry, illegal immigration, Immigration Reform, Mexican Drug Cartels, Nebraska, Nebraska Taxpayers For Freedom, NumbersUSA, Stop the Magnet, Susan Smith, Texas Tea Party, The Susan Smith Show